Vacation Rental Policies
As a rule, visitors take great care of private vacation homes; thank you! We ask that you please adhere to our rental policies:
• Smoking is not permitted in any vacation property.
MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS:
Two night stays are accepted during the “standard year”. There is a four night minimum during summer High Season, Spring break and Christmas Holidays; a three night minimum applies during the FIBArk festival, Memorial and Labor Day and some winter holidays. During these times, shorter stays may be available at the last minute (appx. 7 days ahead), or if a short window is available between consecutive stays. Shorter stays will not be scheduled over two weeks in advance during High Season and Holidays. Owners reserve the right to accept or refuse stays of less than the minimum duration during High Season and Holidays.
July through mid August is our busiest time of year for lodging and typically fills up with 5+ night stays. We ask for a four night minimum at that time. Two and three night stays may be taken at the last minute (within 7 to 10 days) or when a two or three night window is created by consecutive bookings. Thank you for understanding.
Extended stay rates may be available subject to owner approval and availability.
• Rates and fees: Rates are determined per individual property and season of use. City, state and county sales and lodging taxes are added.
• Pinon Vacation Rentals provides Accidental Damage Protection coverage up to $1500 per reservation for accidental damage to the property.
• Security / Damage deposit: Renter approves the following: A “virtual” security deposit of $1000 will be taken in the form of a credit card authorization in the rental agreement. The deposit will be released providing the Renter has maintained the cleanliness of the premises during occupancy and has abided by these policies and those stated in the individual property agreement, as well as all local applicable property covenants, restrictions, regulations and laws. Any evidence of smoking, use of firearms, driving ATV’s other than in the driveway as access only, unapproved over-occupancy or pets, unauthorized use of property grounds, and/or excessive mess may result in a charge of up to $1000.
• Reservations/Deposit: Reservation inquires can be made by phone, by e-mail, or online, however, a reservation is not confirmed until you are contacted by a Pinon reservationist for booking. Advanced payment of 50% of the rental cost is due at the time of reservation by credit card or within 7 days by check or money order. Full payment is due no later than 30 days before check-in. For reservations made more than 6 months in advance, the balance is due 60 days prior to check-in.
• For reservations made on or after 30 days before arrival, the entire amount is due by check or credit card within 7 days of reservation.
• Cancellation Policy: Reservations made within 6 months of check-in may be canceled more than 30 days prior to check-in with full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. Reservations made more than 6 months before check-in may be canceled more than 60 days prior to check-in with full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. Sorry, no refunds will be given past these cut off dates unless the unit can be re-rented for the same dates, or, in some cases at manager’s discretion, you move your reservation to another date. In the event that you move your reservation to an alternate date and then cancel that reservation, you will forfeit your total payment. No refunds will be issued due to weather conditions; please consider purchasing Vacation Rental Insurance.
• Vacation Protection: Use the Travel Protection tab above, or ask a reservation specialist about optional Vacation / Travel protection which may be purchased at the time of the initial reservation. For additional details visit www.travelgaurd.com or call 800-826-7791.
• Check-in / Check-out: Check in is 3pm. Renter and renter’s full party must vacate the property and replace all keys to designated locations by 10:30 AM (see rental agreement). Please ask if you wish to make other arrangements.
• Extra Guests: The charge per guest over the stated occupancy, if approved, is $10 per night. Our properties are for personal vacation use only, any other uses including large gatherings or parties are not allowed.
• Pets: Some properties allow pets with PRIOR approval only and a non refundable $15 per night fee per pet.